Precoding of transponder and learning key
- SuperVAG KEY 2016.2 version or higher
- Transponder programmer
- Add-on device SVG157 (needed for sitation when ALL KEY is Lost) Order here
- VW, Skoda, Seat – models 2006–2009 (except Touareg and Phaeton)
- Audi A3, A4, TT-models 2006–2009
There is new regime for learning keys (transponders) introduced by Volkswagen cars. Transponder does not read the car identity during the learning process, but the code (so called Component security) must be stored to the transponder before. You should to use transponder programmer for precoding it. This code (Component Security) must be find out from the car.
Read the PIN and Component Security bytes
- Find out the PIN and Component security bytes. In the programm SuperVAG KEY select the appropriate model and set the communication by clicking on Learning key. Wait until the programm detects the control unit types and displays identification of control units.
- Click on the button Read PIN. On some cars you can select if you want to read the PIN from the engine control unit or from the instrument cluster. The button is divided into two areas then. Information about Component security is automatically displayed too. Note: If you read PIN and Component security from the engine control unit (or is the ingine automatically selected), you get only 6 bytes of the component security. You have to get the 7th byte from the existin valid key. It must be done with transponder programmer. (Follow the step Search of 7th byte of component security).
All key lost situation VDO Micronas
If you are in the All Key Lost (no worging key). the data cannot be read directly. Yout must get the instrument cluster into the Service mode using the device SuperVAG SVG157 (without this device you cannot continue).
You have to dismount the instrument cluster from the car and remove the back cover.
- Conntect the blue connector of the SuperVAG SVG157 device to the instrument cluster.
- Connect the SuperVAG communication interface to the SuperVAG SVG157 device.
- Connect the power supply (12V). Lights on the instrument cluster must light.
- Run SuperVAG KEY programm, select appropriate vehicle and Key learning function.
After detecting of the type of instrument cluster (next menu is displayed), select the function Read PIN. You will be asked about connecting of the pogo pin to special point on the Printed circuit board of the instrument cluster. Take a note the switch must be in position I. Follow the pictures below, the position depends on the type of Printed circuit board. Follow the instructions in the programm (connect and isconnect pogo pin, turn swithc Term30 ON and OFF, wait necessary time) and you get the valid data file or PIN + Component security bytes.
Get the “precoded” transponder (Tango)
- How to get the “precoded” transponder using Tango programmer. Select transponder type: MEGAMOS 48
- Using button Search Comp Tool find the 7th byte of component security. Write down all 7 bytes of component security on the paper.
- Insert new TP48 transponder to tohe Tango programmer.
- Select menu: Tools/Utilities/Image Generator/TP22-25
Select the appropriate producer of the car and write the selection to the transponder (button W).
5. Programm 7 bytes of component security
Select transponder type: MEGAMOS 48
Clict on the Button Write Comp Sec.
Enter 7 bytes of component security, select the producer of the car and write the data to the transponder.
Get the “precoded” transponder (Miraclone)
- How to get the “precoded” transponder using Miraclone programmer. Select transponder type: MEGAMOS 48
- If you got only 6 bytes Component security, first you need to find the 7th byte of component security. Remark 7 bytes of Component security on the paper. See the picture in the step 5.
- Insert new TP48 transponder to the Miraclone programmer.
- Select menu: Tools/Utilities/Image Generators/TP22–25. Select the producer of the car – VW or Audi or SEAT or Skoda. Write the selection to the transponder (click on button Transponder).
5. Programm 7 bytes of component security. Select menu Special and click on button VAG Component Security – ID: 48
6. Enter 7 bytes of component security, select the producer of the car and click on the button with icon of transponder.
Learning the transponder to the car
Learning keys to the car. Insert the precoded transponder to the cutted key learn it to the car using function Key learning in SuperVAG diagnostic tools – Key program.
Note: All keys must be coded once by the procedure. If the customer does not have all keys with him, don´t learn the keys, otherwise the other keys won´t work anymore (become forgotten).
VW, Skoda, Seat – models 2006–2009 (except Touareg and Phaeton)
Audi A3, A4, TT – models 2006–2009